Protecting your single largest asset
Your home may be your single largest asset, so naturally you want to be certain that your homeowners insurance appropriately protects you, your home and your belongings from damage, theft and liability.
California homeowners face a number of unique and ever present risks – wildfires, earthquakes and flooding. With over 60 years of experience, HWP Insurance offers you the wisdom and expertise necessary to ensure that your home is properly protected for the most common risks.
California Homeowner’s Insurance Protection
We work very closely with each and every client to ensure that their home, condo or apartment has the right amount of insurance protection, and we make sure you understand what is insured, how much it is insured for, and what exclusions apply.
We thoroughly explain the different types of coverage offered by a typical homeowner’s policy, such as:
- Coverage A: Dwelling – Provides coverage to your home and attached structures, such as a garage.
- Coverage B: Other Structures – Provides coverage for detached structures located on your property such as a shed, swimming pool, unattached garages and fences.
- Coverage C: Personal Property – Provides coverage for the contents of your home and other personal belongings owned by you and other family members who reside in the household.
- Coverage D: Loss of Use – Provides additional living expenses you may incur if you home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss. These additional expenses might include hotel, food, storage, etc.
- Coverage E: Personal Liability – Provides coverage in the event you or a resident of your household are legally responsible for injury to others or property damage.
- Coverage F: Medical Payments – Provides coverage for reasonable medical expenses to non-household members accidentally injured on your property.
We will help you determine what protection is necessary to protect your home. Common coverages included in Homeowners Insurance include: Fire, Smoke Damage, Theft, Vandalism, Lightening, Windstorm or Hail, Sudden & Accidental Water Damage, Explosions, Falling Objects, etc.
Additional Homeowner’s Insurance for Unique Situations
Your personal situation may require additional coverage to protect your assets, such as higher liability limits or an umbrella policy. Also, you may have valuables that basic policies won’t protect, which we can cover separately for you. We’ll also explain how you can add coverage for certain losses that can be caused by natural disasters, such as flood and earthquakes, which are not always covered by a typical homeowner’s policy.
HWP Insurance will help you find the best policy to address these extraordinary needs and give you complete peace of mind. Contact us today.