Are you planning a beach day?
Be it weekdays or weekends we are entering San Diego beach season, throngs of locals and visitors flock around the clear waters and warm sandy beaches, relaxing and having fun with friends and families. So, planning ahead for your day at the beach is a must for locals, day-trippers, or visitors.
To make sure you have the perfect time at the beach, have a look at the following suggestions that will help you prepare and pack for a fun-filled day in the sun!
Tips for a Fun Beach Day
- 1. Get Your Gear: Do you have the proper beach gear? When going to the beach, make sure you have your swimsuit and/or wetsuit with you. Don’t forget to pack sunblock, towels and foldable beach chairs and umbrellas so that you can lay back and relax.
- 2. Who’s Hungry?: Have you packed enough food and refreshments? While there are many grab and go establishments at or near the beach, it is always better to have your favorite refreshments and snacks with you when you want to spend significant time at the beach.
- 3. Surf’s Up: Water sport equipment is an essential. Surfing, swimming and snorkeling are popular activities at San Diego beaches. So make sure you take your surfboard, snorkeling mask and other equipment along.
- 4. For the Little Ones: If you have children accompanying you, pack some sand toys like buckets, shovels and swimming gear including costumes and goggles so that while you relax and enjoy at the beach, your children can also stay busy.
- 5. Leave Early: With beach season approaching, it is always important to take time into consideration. San Diego beaches can get pretty packed with so many excited visitors, so be sure you leave the house with more than enough time to get to your destination, find parking, and set up camp in a spot that suits your group!
See also: Community Days at LEGOLAND California
So get out your swim trunks, pack those sandwiches, and grab your beach chairs because it’s time for a beach day!