As a for-profit or non-profit organization, it may be useful for you to consider purchasing accident insurance for your business. This insurance will help protect participants and volunteers while they are traveling or involved in any recreational activities, such as travel accidents, coverage while at special events, amateur sports, child care and many more groups and events.
Features and benefits to the policy:
- – Serves as a complement to general liability; covers injuries under a separate accident policy
- – Provides a way for members to pay medical expenses for qualified injuries or accidents; benefits are paid regardless of fault
- – Provides a lump sum payment that can be used at the insured’s discretion
- – Offers coverage during participation in the activity as well as for travel to and from the activity
See also: HWP Welcomes Mapfre Insurance
In addition to the features of this program, there are several options of coverage including but not limited to the following:
- – Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- – Accident Medical Expense
- – Catastrophic Cash Benefit
- – Sickness Medical Services
- – Broad range of other benefits are available including Primary General Liability, Sexual Misconduct Liability, Weekly Accidental Indemnity and Heart and Circulatory
In summary, an accident and health policy can be tailored to meet your organization’s needs and include the above listed benefits. Please evaluate this exposure and make sure there aren’t any gaps in your current coverage.