You probably have more valuables than you realize, and it is likely that your homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover the full value of these items. The majority of homeowner’s insurance policies have limitations regarding loss due to theft on items such as jewelry, silverware, and firearms. The typical policy covers only $1,000 for theft of jewelry, watches, furs; $1,000 for theft of firearms; and $2,500 for theft of silverware, gold ware, etc. With home invasions on the rise, take precaution! Don’t be a target for theft. Protect your valuable items. It takes a thief only twenty minutes to invade your home and rob you of your valuable items. Typically, thieves go after smaller
items, especially jewelry. If you own irreplaceable valuable items, we highly recommend that you schedule these items on a Personal Article Floater or endorse your current homeowner’s insurance policy to include higher limits of coverage to include these items.
Here are some great tips to avoid loss of valuable items:
1) Keep valuable items in a safe
2) Avoid keeping jewelry in one place and never leave it out in the open
3) Make sure to lock your doors and windows at all times
4) Don’t leave your home address listed in your GPS. If your car is stolen, that is
the first place a thief might go for more information
5) Install a home alarm
6) If you go on vacation, ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your house
If you have any questions, please contact your San Diego Insurance Agent or your Riverside Insurance Agent.