This decadent dessert is a Denny family recipe, and we wanted to share it with you to try for the holidays! When we make them, they are a big hit, and we hope your friends and family love them just as much!
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 box instant chocolate fudge Jell-O pudding
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup hot water
1 bag chocolate chips (add these last)
powdered sugar for garnish
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
– Fold in chocolate chips. Place in a greased bundt cake pan or in a mini muffin tin. (I use Pam baking spray to grease pan.)
– If making the full cake, it will bake about 50-60 minutes depending on your oven and pan. If making the mini cakes, it makes 24 of them and they take about 18-20 minutes.
– Test cakes to see if they are done by poking with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, you’re done.
– Allow to cool a couple minutes and flip out of the pan.
– Once completely cool, sift powdered sugar over the top just to dust them.