With Father’s Day swiftly approaching, many of us are asking ourselves that nagging question, What should I get Dad? Tools, tech gadgets, clothing, or maybe a gift certificate to his favorite store or restaurant are all great options, but what about something even more special? Everyone loves a homemade gift so we’ve found some cute and creative DIY gift ideas for Dad that the little (or big!) ones at home can make this Father’s Day!
Made by kids
Pirate Card via Sassy Dealz
- – White and black construction paper
- – White, black, red, and skin-colored paint
- – Paintbrush
- – 1 googly eye
- – Sharpie or other black market
- Start by painting your child’s fingers with black paint, excluding the thumb.
- Then use the skin-colored paint for the middle and paint a line of red right above that.
- Have them press down hard onto a piece of white paper.
- While the paint dries, cut out a pirate’s hat from the black construction paper and paint the skull and crossbones on it with white paint.
- Have your child glue on the googly eye and use the Sharpie to draw an eye patch over the other eye.
- Finish it off with a smile and cute phrase like “Dad, you’re gRRReat!”
Hands Down Sign via Catch My Party
- – Blue paint (or any color that your child likes)
- – Paintbrush
- – The Hands Down printable image
- Once you have the Hands Down image printed out, all you need to do is paint your child’s hands.
- Have them press down hard on the printed image.
- Let the paint dry and then you can frame your gift for Dad!
See also: 5 Cool Kitchen Gadgets for Bakers
Love You To Pieces via A Pumpkin & A Princess
- – Reese’s Pieces
- – A mason jar
- – Construction paper
- – Markers to create your tag or printed tags found here
- – Glue or tape to adhere tag
- – Ribbon with a fun design (optional)
- – Scissors
- Take your printed tag, or a clean piece of construction paper and write a message like “Love you to Pieces”.
- Cut out your tag and adhere your tag to the mason jar.
- Fill your mason jar with Reese’s Pieces.
- If you would like, cut out some ribbon and wrap the perimeter of the jar’s lid with a piece of decorated ribbon.
See also: TGIF Concerts in the Parks are back!
Dad’s Secret Stache via Marvelous Mommy and The 36th Avenue
- – Brown paper bag
- – Black construction paper
- – Black Sharpie or black sticky letters
- – Scissors
- – Tape or glue
- – Dad’s favorite cookies
- – A black bow tie (optional)
- Take the paper bag and write out or spell out with sticky letters “Dad’s Secret Stache”. *Be sure to leave room between “Secret” and “Stache” to fit the mustache.
- Cut out a top hat, mustache, monocle (this one will just be the circle of the monocle), and bow tie (unless you have an actual bow tie available), and glue them onto the paper bag as shown in the photo.
- Fill your bag with Dad’s favorite cookies.
- Present the gift with a glass of milk — yum!
Love these DIY gift ideas, but want more? Take a look at some other fun Father’s Day ideas on our Pinterest board!