Spring is here, and summer isn’t far behind. These two seasons are the most popular for family vacations. Coming home from vacation to discover that your property was violated, damaged, or stolen would be a terrible homecoming. Make sure that this doesn’t happen to you and your family. Take as many precautions as you can to prevent coming home to a disaster. Here are some good tips to keep in mind when you are preparing to leave your home for any duration of time:
1. Make sure that all electronics are turned off to prevent house fires.
2. Lock all windows and doors to prevent burglary.
3. Arrange to have the newspaper and your mail held. Or arrange to have these items picked up by a neighbor. This will prevent outsiders from knowing your family is on vacation and prevent loss of your mail.
4. Put your lights (both indoor and outdoor) on a timer. Even if they are on for only a few hours at night, the house appears to be occupied.
5. If you have a neighbor you trust, make sure they know you are leaving town and ask them to watch your home and your vehicles. Give them the number where you will be staying at in case of emergency. It’s always a good idea to leave them a business card for your insurance agent in the unlikely event that something happens and they need to call in regarding an emergency claim situation.
Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about your coverage.
To discuss your Carlsbad Insurance policy, please contact 760-795-2002; for Temecula, contact 951-296-6833.