New Workers Compensation Requirements effective 10/8/2010
California’s Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has finalized regulations that require all employers within the state to post a new Notice to Employees – Injuries Caused by Work. You must post this notice, in a conspicuous location frequented by employees, by October 8, 2010.
Failure to post the notice by the October deadline can result in fines up to $7,000 in civil penalties.
California employers must also distribute a new ‘Your Rights to Workers’ Compensation Benefits’ pamphlet to new hires.
All California employers must:
- Post the new version of the ‘Notice to Employees – Injuries Caused by Work’ (dated 6/10/10) by October 8, 2010. You can obtain a copy of the new posting at the following link: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DWCPropRegs/MPN_Regulations/MPN_Regulations.htm
- Distribute a new ‘Your Rights to Workers’ Compensation Benefits’ pamphlet to all new employees who start to work on or after October 8, 2010, at the time of hire or before the end of the first pay period.
Employers within an existing Medical Provider Network (MPN) must also:
- Create a complete MPN Notice and post it next to the revised ‘Notice to Employees – Injuries Caused by Work’ poster by October 8, 2010. Give the same complete MPN Notice you’ve created to any employee injured at work on or after October 8, 2010.
Employers who are implementing, changing or terminating an MPN must also:
- Post a complete MPN Notice next to the ‘Notice to Employees – Injuries Caused by Work’ poster by October 8, 2010. Give the complete MPN Notice to any employee injured at work on or after October 8, 2010.
- Give all employees notice that you are implementing, terminating, or changing the MPN.
If you have not received information directly from your Workers Compensation carrier, you can contact our office for information and copies of the most current forms.
We have several “A” rated Workers Compensation carriers that we can shop for you. For a no obligation quote in San Diego County call 760-795-2002 or for a Workers Compensation quote in Riverside County please call 909-296-6833
You may also visit our website at http://hwpinsurance.com.