How important are your valuable items to you?
Do I need it?
Do you travel frequently with your valuables? Have you thought about what would happen if your jewelry goes down the drain or you lose a diamond out of a ring? What if your home is burglarized and your valuables are stolen? Or what if your antiques are accidentally broken? Then you should consider a Personal Article Policy that will provide protection for your most valuable possessions in the event of a covered loss. Your Homeowner’s policy provides limited coverage for some valuables you own and your policy deductible would apply!
If you own rare or irreplaceable items, such as collectibles, antiques or expensive jewelry, furs, computers, cameras, fine art, musical instruments, firearms, etc. then you should consider scheduling these items on a Personal Article Policy. This schedule would include a detail description of each item and the appraised value, which will allow you to recover the value of that item without a deductible, up to policy limits.
Scheduling your Valuables
Scheduling your valuable possessions is the optimum way to protect the importance of your rare and expensive possessions. Some of the benefits include the following:
- Speedy and painless claims settlement. An agreed value is preset for certain items, so you know in advance the maximum you’ll be paid in the event of a claim.
- Theft, mysterious disappearance and breakage are covered.
- Blanket coverage. Blanket coverage can be applied to multiple items without requiring an appraisal.
- Worldwide protection. When you are traveling your items will be protected anywhere in the world.
- Newly acquired property. Automatically insures most newly purchased possessions up to 30 days of acquisition, subject to policy terms.
- No deductible.
HWP Insurance can help you and discuss the appropriate coverage options for your valuable items and eliminate a gap that may occur in the event of a covered loss. Contact HWP Insurance today for a quote.