Privacy Protection Statement
1. Our Information Sharing Practices.
A. Categories of Information We Collect.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
- Information we obtain from consumer-reporting agencies.
B. Categories of Information We Disclose.
We may disclose, as permitted by state law, the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about our current and former customers without your authorization, such as:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as "your name, address, assets, income, and beneficiaries;"
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as "your policy coverage, premiums, and payment history;" and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as credit reports, loss information reports, motor vehicle reports and "payment and transactional history"; but excluding the following items (the "Restricted Credit Information"): creditworthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living.
C. Categories of Entities With Whom Information is Shared.
We may disclose the information that we collect about our current and former customers as described above, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose all information (except the Restricted Credit Information) we collect to our affiliates. Our affiliates include Torrey Pines Insurance Agency and AGIS Insurance Services.
- Parties Connected to Transaction. We may disclose all information (except the Restricted Credit Information) we collect to insurers or other organizations to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to do so to obtain or service insurance products that you have requested (or may request in the future).
- Unaffiliated Third Parties. We will not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to any other unaffiliated third parties, except as required by law.
2. Information Security.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
3. Access and Correction.
A right of access and correction exists with respect to all personal information collected by us regarding the person to whom this disclosure is addressed. A statement with respect to the types of disclosures permitted by state law and the procedure for obtaining and correcting information may be obtained upon request.