With the holidays here and 2012 coming to an end, it is a great time to remind everyone on some tips for this time of year.
1) If you purchase or receive personal property as a gift, such as jewelry, cameras or miscellaneous items, be sure to check your Homeowners Insurance for coverage and the limit of coverage that would apply. On higher valued items it is best to schedule these onto your policy.
2) Avoid fires by keeping your Christmas Tree stand filled with water at all times. Avoid using holiday candles, by replacing with led lights. This is the number one cause of fire over the holidays.
3) If you leave home on vacation, be sure you have your lights on a timer and be sure the home is well lit while away. This gives the impression that someone is home.
4) If you obtain larger items such as TV, be sure the packing box is not on curb to be recycled. This gives thieves a red flag that you have a new item in the home. It is best to break down and place inside the recycle bin.
5) Have your neighbor, friend or family pick up your mail and newspaper, as this is a red flag that no one is home.
1) If you rent a vehicle over the holidays, be sure you verify if coverage will extend to a rental car.
2) If your college student is home for the holidays, be sure they are covered to drive your vehicles and no exclusions apply.
3) It is best to put your gifts or purchases in the trunk, to avoid vehicle broken into or stolen.
4) If you have a bit too much to drink for the festivities, be sure to take a taxi as the consequences on your Auto Insurance policy are much greater than the taxi fare.
If you would like to review your Home or Auto policies or have any questions, feel free to contact our Carlsbad Insurance office at (760)795-2002 or Temecula Insurance office at (951)296-6833. One of our insurance professionals will be happy to assist you.