Are you looking for unique kitchen storage ideas that will not break the bank? Have you heard of the term upcycling but were not sure exactly what it was? To ucycle is to “reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of a higher quality or value than the original.” Did you know you could use old items in your house that you thought were no longer viable to help give your kitchen an update. Here are some great upcycling kitchen ideas.
Tin Can Utensil Holders
The next time you make spaghetti for dinner, be sure to save those sauce cans. If you take the can wrapping off, just paint the cans the color of your choice and use them to hold your utensils. Your spatulas will never have looked better! Get more utensil holder ideas here.
If you have old vinyl records that you want to keep around, but may not listen to anymore, turn them into bowls you can use both decoratively and functionally! To make your upcycled bowl, follow these steps from Instructables:
- Choose a record to use.
- Find an oven-safe bowl that is the size and shape that you want your finished vinyl record bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F.
- Put your base bowl on a cookie sheet facing up, and lay the record on top of your bowl.
- Heat in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- Then, with oven mitts on, you can pull the record out and start shaping it to your preference. *If the record starts stiffening, you may need to put it back in the oven for a couple minutes (2-3 more minutes should work).
- You can then place your record into the base bowl to help form it as well.
- Let the record cool outside of the oven, and pull it out once it is ready.
- Now you have got a new (well, new to you!) piece to add to your kitchen!
Ladder Pot Rack
Are your pots and pans always in the way? There is a unique storage idea that we absolutely love! Hang an old wooden
ladder above your island and use it to hang your pots and pans. They will be out of your way, while giving your kitchen a unique look — win win! Find more ladder pot rack ideas on Pinterest.
If you are in need of an island for your kitchen, a great upcycling idea is to use old furniture. Take one of your old dressers and start using it for an island. You will have the tabletop space you need while also getting to use the dresser drawers as storage. Now that is bang for your buck! Click here to find more kitchen island ideas.
Give your kitchen a little touch of the 50s with this neat clock made from the mixer pieces! If you have an old clock that you want to update, give it a fresh coat of spray paint, and the rest is simple! Just glue the beaters around the clock and voila! Just like new!
See also: Home Remodeling: Big and Little Jobs
We love the upcycling ideas because they can add so much creativity and great home decor to a space. By trying some of these kitchen ideas, you will be able to update without emptying your wallet. Have you got a fabulous upcycling idea? We would love to hear it! Share it with us on our Facebook page!