It’s that time of year, when we get excited about hitting the road for some fun and adventure.
However, vacation time is easily ruined, if issues occur at home while you are away. Below are some tips to help keep your property safe and secure, and enable you to enjoy your vacation to the fullest:
• If possible, have a friend or family member stay at your house while you are gone. If that’s not possible, ask someone to keep an eye on your house.
• Go online, and put a stop on your mail service. Do the same for your newspaper. Nothing alerts burglars that you aren’t at home, more than several papers stacked up in your driveway.
• Set up timers to a couple of lights in the house, so they turn on and off, giving the appearance that someone is home.
• Be discreet about who you let know that you will be on vacation. Don’t post on Facebook or other social media sites that you will be away from home for an extended period of time.
• Shut the water valve to your washing machine. The hoses connecting the valves to the washing machine always seem to rupture when no one is home.
• Disconnect electric devices that don’t need to be plugged in, such as your coffee maker.
Don’t let a great vacation be ruined by problems that can arise at home while you are away. Taking a few simple precautions, will help you do so.