Am I protected from a flood?
No matter which state you live in, flooding can occur. Unfortunately, many people find out too late that they are at risk for flooding and, even worse, that their property insurance doesn’t cover them for flood damage.*
Did you know:
- About six out of every ten declared disasters involve flooding of some kind.
- In certain areas, the chance of a flood-related loss to your home is 25% greater than a loss due to a fire during your 30-year mortgage.
- Homes in areas where there is a lot of new construction or areas where there have been previous fires maybe in greater danger due to the changes on the land around them.
- 25% of all floods occur outside a high-risk flood area.
- Federally backed mortgages in certain areas require flood insurance for the life of the loan. You do not have to be in a designated flood zone to purchase flood insurance. Anyone can purchase flood insurance.
- Your homeowner’s policy WILL NOT cover flood-related loss to your home and contents.
To make sure your home and contents are protected, contact our office and speak to your customer service representative. They are happy to discuss purchasing flood insurance with you. Obtaining a quote for a flood policy is simple! Or visit our web site at: www.hwpinsurance.com
*A sudden burst of water from a pipe in the home or wind-driven rain into the home is not considered a “flood”